Jun 15, 2009

19 Months!

Hi Friends (and family members!):
I'll be 19 months old in just a few days. My parents can hardly believe it! I'm doing really good. Its been kind of cool lately (mid 70's) - and yes, that is cool for CA. =) But before that, it was really hot so my Mom took me to the pool a few times! Our clubhouse has a kid pool that starts at 6 inches and goes to 2 feet. The first visit I saw the pool and immediately started to cry. It was SO big! I held on to my mom for dear life. Then we got into the shallow end and my mom sat down in the pool. I was still clutching to her very very tight. She gave me some toys and still on her lap, I started to play with them. I was thinking to myself - this is kind of like the bathtub! Then one of the toys got away from me and I let go of my Mom and was sitting in the pool on my own little butt. From there on out I got more and more comfortable in the water. By the end of the day I was walking everywhere, in the deep end with my floaty, splashing and having a great time! My friend Hailey was with me too. We just had so much fun! I haven't started swim lessons yet, but maybe this summer my mom will put me in some.

I'm talking more and more these days. I can tell you what 9 different animals say, I can sing the ABC song even better now! I don't really pronounce the letters past C or D, but I'm doing good. My Mom is teaching me to count with my fingers, so we count to five and hold up a new finger with every number. We also count the stairs as I walk up and down them. I'll be counting to 10 in no time! My mom and dad thinks its pretty cool how I can understand and do almost everything they tell me to do like, Shut the door, let duke in, lay down so we can change your diaper, Sit down so we can put your shoes on, Time to eat, etc,etc. Once I can figure out how to make all the right sounds, I'll be talking up a storm!

Oh, I also drink out of big girl cup 90% of the time, I went potty on the toilet one time ( not on purpose though), I can jump when my mom and dad tell me to. I don't really get much air (if any) but I sure like to jump!

I recently took a trip to Santana Row in San Jose to visit our friends Mike and Marlena and my buddy Madison who is 5 months old. We had a great time. All I wanted to to do the whole time was get into the baby swing and the exersaucer!
I love you all.
Reese





No comments: